Wastewater Treatment Plant
The Wastewater Treatment Plant, located at 2600 East Monroe employs four full-time operators and a full-time mechanic. The plant was constructed and began treatment the fall of 1986 to replace Riverton’s first Plant, erected in 1959. The present plant was designed to treat 4.9-million-gallons of waste per day. At present, the incoming waste flow averages 1.9-million-gallons per day. Riverton’s plant averages 98% removal of the incoming pollutants each day. The treated water (Effluent) is disinfected and discharged to the Wind River.
Biosolids (dry waste portion) are removed from the plant and treated utilizing a centrifuge for dewatering and the “Long Term Treatment Method” to achieve an “Exceptional Quality Biosolids”. The plant recently upgraded to a centrifuge dewatering system to aid in the dewatering of Biosolids doing away with the old drying beds and reducing odors associated with that treatment. Following the “Long term treatment”, stringent EPA testing assures Biosolids quality and safety, and it is available to the public as a soil amendment for lawns and gardens. On average, the Wastewater Treatment Plant sells about 250 cubic yards per year.
The plant also treats septage, grease, and sumps hauled by local haulers for a nominal charge. Local residents are welcome to use the plants dump station to dump RV’s free of charge. The plant is open to the public from 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily and tours are welcome.
For more information, contact Chief Operator Bret Dale or any the other personnel at the Wastewater Treatment Plant, by calling 307-856-6712 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.