The City of Riverton has seven parks and eight miles of recreational paths that the Parks Department maintains. Alphabetically, the parks in Riverton are: Aspen, City, Jaycee, Monroe, Rein, Sunset, and Teter. City employees take care of these parks by mowing and trimming the grass, maintaining the various amenities, and are responsible for the sprinkler systems. The parks have a variety of features available, such as picnic shelters, picnic tables, barbeque grills, tennis courts, basketball courts, horseshoe pits, baseball diamond, restrooms, electricity, playground equipment, skate park and splash pad (City), disk golf course (Sunset) and a pond (Jaycee).
To check current park reservations click here.
To reserve a shelter you can:
- Submit a request online and city staff will contact you with further instructions.
- Call or stop by City Hall. 307-856-2227 / 816 N Federal Blvd
- If alcohol use is requested, you must obtain an alcohol beverage or 24-hour malt beverage permit. Permits can be obtained from City Hall or by clicking here. Since permits require Council approval, please plan your event well in advance.
- Alcohol permits are not available for City or Jaycee parks.
- A non-refundable fee of $30.00 is required. Reservations are not confirmed until we have received your fee and ensured that the date is available.
- The location shall be left clean and free of debris.
- The applicant shall abide by all other rules set forth by the Riverton City Council.
- Power is available at the City Park bandshell, for more information call City Hall. 307-856-2227
Contact the Parks Department at 307-857-7749 for further information.